Hey loves! I know it’s been a long 3 weeks (because of my move to Perth, Australia) since I posted but inspiration struck for me to write to you guys because I’ve been reading a lot of articles and blog posts about the long awaited BALMAIN x H&M collection. HOW MANY OF YOU ARE AS EXCITED AS I AM?! I think I’ve visited the H&M website every single day for the past week preparing myself for the BALMANIA (I like to call it ) that’s about to happen. Unfortunately, there is no H&M store in Kenya so for my fellow Kenyan readers fear not because there still is a way for you to get your hands on pieces from the collection but it’s kinda complicated and involves you ordering from out of Kenya . The collection comes out this Friday (Nov.5) so this is a quick way for you guys to kinda get your shit together before the collection comes out. First of all , If you don’t understand the hype over this collaboration collection let me explain to you guys. BALMAIN , a haute couture fashion house that was founded by Pierre Balmain. This high fashion brand is known for it’s exclusivity and luxurious pieces, therefore being celebrities favorite fashion brand (Kardashian Clan, Joan Small, Gigi Hadid etc), so when announced that H&M, an amazing affordable (a little bias because it’s one of my fav stores) store was collaborating with the high fashion brand this was music to all fashion lover’s ears. This is because if you haven’t been able to afford any BALMAIN pieces even if they were second hand (since their pieces could start at over $1000 ) now you finally could. Now the bad news is that even though the prices o the pieces are a serious bargain compared to what BALMAIN usually charges, it is still quite expensive with some pieces being sold at $200. Now there’s no way to find an even lower bargain but I suggest going to H&M’s website here and looking through the collection and preparing for what you can afford and what you can’t. Also make sure to not only look at the pieces for your specific gender, if you’re a woman I suggest looking at the men’s pieces you might find something you really like (e.g their michael jackson thriller inspired leather jacket that i’m in <3 with) and vice versa. Alright so now I’m gonna be quick because I don’t want this post being too long but here are some quick point’s for what you need to do to prepare for the release of the collection (only a few days left guys!) :
- If you’re shopping online you have to be quick. The collection will be up at 8 a.m EST and there will be millions of shoppers on the website which means that H&M’s site crashing like it did last year with Alexander Wang’s collection can happen again.
- If you’re shopping from a one of the retail store’s find out if they have the collection within your area because the collection is limited and will only be available in selected stores ; if you’re in Perth the collection will only be available in Lakeside mall, Joondalup.
- The first 420 shoppers in line for the Balmain x H&M collection will be given a colored bracelet — there are 14 colors with one for each group of 30 people. Each group will have 15 minutes to shop the collection. After the last group, whatever is left will be available to everyone in the store.
- Purchases online are limited to one per style per customer.
- Purchases made in the store are limited to two per style per customer.
- If you need to make a return, they can be made in the original form of payment or exchanges are offered until Nov. 8 (with receipt and a valid photo ID) for purchased items from the collection in stores. After Nov. 8, all refunds will be issued as store credit at the current selling prices.
- Accessories are not returnable for hygiene reasons. All merchandise must be returned in its original selling condition.
- Collection is available on eBay and shipping to Kenya is available as well.
- Carry a credit card and or lots of cash
- Wear comfortable shoes because this is fashion WORLD WAR 3.
Here are some of my favorite links if you need to know more about the collection and shopping for the collection.
SOME OF THE PIECES FROM THE COLLECTION
May the force be with you BALMAIN NATION! Let me know how it goes.